8 REASONS WHY YOUR TEEN
SHOULD STUDY AT HOME
1. Your teen’s education can be customized to provide the appropriate motivation and development for their gifts and abilities.
2. You can continue building your family relationships.
3. High school students in "satellite classroom" study have the best curriculum available as well as a greater selection.
4. You know your teens are learning if they are at home. Public high school students average only slightly more than two hours of academic work a day.
5. You can guide their peer relationships and help relieve the pressure to conform to what others are doing. Teen rebellion is not in God’s plan for the family.
6. Independent study is the best preparation for higher education. The style is closer to college type instruction.
7. In fact, the teen can start higher education early. Many public and private colleges in Tennessee accept dual enrollment.
8. There is greater flexibility for work-study options.